As I tried to investigate the bug 137822 which is related to the server configuration, I got some idea about how the server configuration works. Anyway I posted some of my findings so that some other students may get some help from my findings to fix some other server related bugs (there are still some server-related bugs need to be fixed in the bug list.).
After Clicking the “Run -> Run Configurations”, the following steps are invoked:
- The configuration dialog is opened
The content of the configuration dialog is created and filled with all the controls and actions .
- Create the Viewer area with the event control and action
- Create the Edit area with the event control, created the tab, filled the server combo from the tomcat server list in the server view
- Initialize the values including the arguments in the tabs
- Display the Run Configurations Dialog and be ready to catch any event including mouse and key activities
- Catch the Double Click event/ New_configuration action/Selected Item Change event, fire the actions
- Create instances including wc with a unique name such as “New configuration(1)”, configuration dialog and the group tabs, initialize the tab content.
- write the new configuration information to a file and update launch manager with the new configuration.
- Display the updated configuration dialog